Wohler AMP2A-2S 2U Stereo Audio Speaker Monitors
Wohler AMP2A-2S units are complete, exceptionally high quality stereo audio monitoring systems in compact, two rackspace cabinets. These models contain three audiophile-quality drivers and three power amplifiers; two amplifiers (and two speakers) that reproduce midrange and high frequency information in stereo, and a third amp/driver combination (and speaker) that handles summed Low Frequency (LF) information below the 500 Hz crossover point. The AMP2A Series unique audio design has two important advantages. First, it provides optimally focused sound in an Ultra Near Field tm (1 to 3 feet) environment. This allows higher SPL for the operator while reducing overall ambient sound and adjacent bay crosstalk. Second, electronic rather than acoustic cancellation of bass frequencies provides positive audible detection of reversed polarity (“out of phase”) audio feeds. A unique LED display also visually shows “phase” (polarity) relationships of the signals selected for monitoring.
The AMP2A and AMP2A-2S models are both audio monitors capable of monitoring two analog source channels through the stereo speaker system while simultaneously visually monitoring both channels via two 20-segment tri-color LED bargraph level meters. The AMP2-2S model features a toggle switch on the front panel to allow selection of an additional pair of analog input sources.
The rear panel for the AMP2A model features two analog inputs on balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA connectors and two loop-through outputs on XLR connectors. The rear panel for the AMP2A-2S model features two selectable pairs of analog inputs on XLR inputs and a stereo output of the selected sources on two XLR connectors.
•AMP2A model features balanced analog inputs on XLR connectors and unbalanced inputs on RCA connectors with loop-through outputs on XLR connectors
• AMP2A-2S model features two selectable pairs of balanced analog inputs on XLR connectors with two outputs of the selected source on XLR connectors
• AMP2A-2S model offers front panel switching between the two stereo inputs
• Two 20-segment LED bargraph display level meters
• Volume and balance controls
• Stereo phase indication LEDs
• Headphone output
• Power indication LED
• 98 dB SPL at two feet
• Only two rack spaces high
• Excellent high frequency response for positive detection of background whine and noise
• Audible indication of phase/polarity problems
• Thorough magnetic shielding for placement next to video monitors
• Numerous alternate control and input options
• Quick and easy installation: simply slide in the rack and connect audio and AC power