Tandberg SM6625 L-band Satellite Modulator with PREKOR DVB-S2, 8PSK and Increases symbol rate to 48 Msym/s
All Modulation ModesThe SM6625 supports all DVB standard modulation modes (DVB-S, DVB-DSNG, DVB-S2) making this well specified product extremely flexible and capable of performing in all types of system architectures.
Variable Symbol RateThe SM6625’s wide symbol rate range from 0.2 Msym/s to 66 Msym/s makes it suitable for all applications from low bit-rate DSNG transmissions to high data rate IP backbone applications.
High Quality L-band OutputThe SM6625 follows the high spec design philosophy through to its L-band output stage by offering the highest possible transmission quality. The SM6625 offers a number of signal quality improvement tools such as group delay correction through Prekor and digitally generated cable tilt correction to ensure that the received satellite signal is free from distortions.
Full Set of Control MethodsThe SM6625 incorporates an easy-to-use web browser control interface as well as full control through SNMP, RS232, RS485 and Telnet sessions. For local control the SM6625 also has a simple to operate front panel control.
About DVB-S2DVB-S2 is the next generation standard for satellite broadcasting offering up to a 30 percent increase in throughput or a 1.5 dB to 2dB increase in link margin bringing 8PSK within the reach of consumer sized dishes. The combination of savings in bit-rate from Advanced Video Coding and the increased efficiency of DVB-S2 makes the transmission of HD video a real and financially attractive reality.
SM66XX/SWO/48MSYM Max Symbol Rate 48 Msym/s
SM66XX/SWO/S2 DVB-S2 Broadcast Mode, including QPSK Modulation
SM66XX/SWO/S2-8PSK DVB-S2 8PSK Modulation Supplement
- Operation to ETSI standard EN 300 421 (DVB-S: BPSK and QPSK)
- Variable symbol rate operation: 1 Msym/s to 48 Msym/s
- User selectable spectrum roll-off factor: 20%, 25%, 30%, 35%
- Transmission quality L-band output: 950 MHz to 1750 MHz, tunable in 1 kHz steps
- L-band output provides switchable DC power and 10 MHz frequency reference for external up-converter
- L-band monitor output and communications channel L-band input and combiner
- Digitally generated cable tilt correction
- 2 DVB ASI inputs
- Input data rate adaptation mode – including PCR correction
- Corrects for phase/magnitude distortions introduced by uplink HPA equipment
- Corrects for phase/magnitude distortions introduced by the satellite
- Corrects for group delay distortions introduced by the satellite transponder
- Easy software upgrades for extra features
- Web Browser control and via easy-to-use front panel, SNMP, RS-232 or RS-485 remote control or Telnet