TANDBERG MPEG-2 Standard Definition Multi-pass Encoder E5775
- Brand: TANDBERG
- Model Number: E5775
- Product Code: BS16227
- Availability: In Stock
MPEG-2 Standard Definition Multi-Pass Encoders
TANDBERG E5775 MPEG-2 Standard Definition Multi-pass Encoder
Achieving the best picture quality at the lowest bitrate enables operators to broadcast more channels in their available bandwidth over digital cable, satellite and terrestrial networks maximising return on investment of this valuable resource. For DTH operators offering TV services over satellite, cable or terrestrial networks, achieving the lowest bitrate can be used to provide multiple simultaneous services into the home, reduce transmissions costs and extend the reach of their broadcasts with higher levels of error correction - maximising return on network investment.
TANDBERG Television has always led the market in providing encoding platforms that give optimum quality at the very lowest possible bitrates. The E5775 is the result of over 15 years in-house experience of creating high performance real-time encoders. With their unique multi-pass processing, Tandberg E5775 provide world-class encoding performance for statistical multiplexing systems.
BASE UNIT FEATURES
E5775 Encoder (M2/ENC/E5775)
The 1RU E5770 encoder features one physical expansion slot for hardware options and has a range of software enabled options for flexibility to suit specific applications. The E5775 is a 2RU version of the multi-pass encoder and features four physical expansion slots.
• Unique “multi-pass” processing optimizes bit-rate allocation during critical scenes
• Support for remote statistical multiplexing when used with the MX8400 multiplexer
• SDI and composite video inputs
• Analog, digital AES-EBU and embedded SDI audio input
• Dolby® Digital (AC-3) 1-5.1 and Dolby® E channel pass- through
• “Pixel Perfect” fully exhaustive motion estimation
• Conversion of EIA608 to EIA708 format
• Support for splice points and special features for VOD ingest
• Three ASI out puts plus wide range of optional telco interfaces
• Control via front panel, SNMP, RS-232/RS-485, Web browser or nCompass Control systems
• Film mode detection (3:2 pull-down)