Snell & Wilcox TBS180TX Advanced Time Base Corrector
The Snell & Wilcox TBS180TX provides multi-standard Y/C, Composite and SDI timebase correction and synchronization. The Composite input automatically detects PAL, NTSC, NTSC-J, PAL-N, PAL-M, N4.43 and SECAM, and is sampled and decoded using an adaptive comb filter to ensure optimum decoding performance. The signal correction features include luminance and chrominance gain, black level, NTSC hue, vertical and horizontal enhancers, RGB gamut legalizer, YC horizontal timing and picture position.
Rugged sync and clock recovery ensures reliable operation with unstable and noisy inputs. In addition a powerful frame recursive noise reducer automatically eliminates much background noise providing much improved performance over adaptive technology. A sophisticated motion detector seamlessly switches off the noise reduction in moving picture areas. The broadcast quality 12-bit output encoder is fully genlockable to a composite reference and supports PAL, NTSC, NTSC-J, PAL-N, PAL-M, N4.43 and SECAM.
The Snell & Wilcox TBS180TX will also operate as a transcoder between any of the available standards of the same line rate. Serial digital component outputs are available simultaneously on the Snell & Wilcox TBS180TX. The Snell & Wilcox TBS180TX has two separate AES inputs that can be embedded into any of the eight pairs of the SDI output. Individual channel routing is also provided, along with two AES outputs.
Other features include freeze, pattern generation, and GPI control / audio delay flag output. Full RollCall remote control is available including RollTrack for audio delay tracking. The TBS180AV versions have an analog audio I/O interface and the TX versions have a blank front panel with RollCall only control.
• Synchronizes up to 4 channels of audio
• Analog audio I/O option (TBS180AV)
• Linear horizontal and vertical enhancer
• Broadcast quality 12-bit encoder
• AES sub-frame routing and audio shuffling
• Remote control only version (TBS180TX)
• Input standards - PAL, NTSC, NTSC-J, PAL-N, PAL-M, N4.43 and SECAM
• Output standards - PAL, NTSC, NTSC-J, PAL-N, PAL-M, N4.43 and SECAM
• Auto standards detection
• Y-C and Composite input and output
• Spare slots for S & W IQ modules (e.g. Component ADC or DAC) with front panel control of additional modules
• Handles VHS tape-playback including trick play modes
• Genlockable SPG with phasing adjustments
• Adaptive comb decoder
• PAL Hanover bar suppression
• Gamut legalization to RGB color space
• Motion adaptive recursive noise reducer with automatic noise floor measurement
• Test signal generator (100/75% color bars, multi-burst, black)
• VITS insertion on composite / YC outputs
• PAL Line 23 and NTSC Line 21/283, pass video, pass data and blank
• Selectable Automatic Gain Control.
• Selectable ACC referenced to color burst
• Adjustment of luma gain, black level, chroma gain, NTSC Hue and horizontal timing
• Frame freeze on signal loss
• Black or pattern option for lost input signal
• Vertical information passed or blanked on either composite/YC or SDI outputs
• Delay Flag (GPI port) output and RollTrack™ for audio tracking
• 2 programmable GPI ports
• 8 programmable memories
• Full RollCall remote control (including RollTrack for audio delay)