Ericsson EN8040 MPEG-2 SD MPEG-4 HD encoder with L-Band modulator EN8040/BAS/LBAND
The new EN8040 is Ericsson’s second-generation AVC multi-format DSNG. It is the most flexible and integrated news gathering product on the market, reflecting Ericsson’s technology leadership and unique ability to create products of the very highest class. Unmatched in so many areas, the EN8040 excels whether you are considering its features, performance or the multiple upgrade paths that we offer for upgrading existing equipment to this exemplary standard.
The EN8040 is multi-standard and multi-format. Its hardware has the ability to support a variety of advanced encoding schemes as well as DVB-S2 modulation. This combination allows considerable bandwidth savings that can equate to transmitting high-quality HD within transponder bandwidths typically used for SD today. The benefits extend to far more than simply minimizing the transponder costs for HD, and includes the prevention of expensive upgrades to the truck’s transmission infrastructure, the ability to use compact, power-limited fly-away antennas robustly for SD or HD, and even the ability to also use the EN8040 for terrestrial microwave (DENG) applications, where SD standards of radio-link range and robustness can be achieved with HD.
Since the EN8040 has been designed to bring the benefits of H.264-AVC encoding to professional contribution and distribution applications, particular attention has been paid to provide the best quality at low end-to-end latency. These low delay features and complimented by equivalent functionality for the RX1290 decoder.
- MPEG-4 AVC SD real-time video encoding
- Main profile at Level 3 (MP@L3) support
- SDI and analog video inputs
- Constant bit-rate encoding from 0.250 Mbps to 10 Mbps
- MPEG-4 AVC HD real-time video encoding (license enabled)
- High profile compliant at Level 4 (HP@L4)
- Constant bit-rate encoding from 1 Mbps to 25 Mbps
- Low latency modes
- Extensive video pre-processing for optimum picture quality whatever the source
- Stereo Audio encoding
- MPEG-1 Layer II and Dolby® Digital (AC-3)
- Options for advanced audio and multi-channel encoding
- Digital, analog and Serial Digital embedded inputs
- Control and monitoring via web browser, front panel
- MPEG-2 transport stream (ASI) output
- Simple license key upgrade for HOM and DVB-S2