CDM-570L L-Band satellite Modem Comtech EF Data
CDM-570L & CDM-570 L-IP Broadband IP Satellite Modems
This product has been designated end of life by the manufacturer. Please contact us for info on a suitable replacement.
The Comtech EF Data Series CDM-570L L-Band Satellite Modem offers variable data rate operation from 2.4 Kbps to 9.98 Mbps and supports all of the popular modulation types such as: BPSK, QPSK, OQPSK, 8-PSK, Patented 8-QAM, 16-QAM. The CDM-570L works with all BUCs and can be configured with and without a BUC power supply. In addition to the CDM-570L, this modem can be configured for IF-band operation from 50 to 90 Mhz or 100 to 180 Mhz. An optional IP board is also available for the 570 which provides 10/100Base-T Ethernet port (CDM-570-IP,CDM-570L-IP, CDM-570-IPEN, CDM-570L-IPEN).Turbo Coding
The Comtech CDM-570L Series Brodaband Satellite Modems provide Turbo FEC which delivers exceptional performance and increased coding gain which enables exceptional bandwidth savings. Numerous additional custom options can be added in order to tailor the Comtech 570 to your exact requirements. The CDM570 offers lower decoding delays, and great bandwidth savings when compared to traditional modulation schemes.
With its innovative architecture and support for advanced capabilities, IP Module-equipped versions of the CDM-570/L allow for efficient IP networking and transport over satellite. The CDM-570/L-IP supports a wide range of applications and network topologies.
Header Compression Option
Configurable on a per route basis, header compression reduces the bandwidth required for VoIP by as much as 60%. Example: A G.729 voice codec, operating at 8 kbps, requires 32 kbps bandwidth once encapsulated into an IP/UDP/RTP frame. With compression, the same voice call needs only 10.8 kbps total WAN satellite bandwidth. Typical Web/HTTP traffic can also be reduced by 10% via IP/TCP header compression.
Payload Compression Option
Configurable on a per route basis, payload compression can reduce the required satellite bandwidth by up to 40%.
Quality of Service (QoS) Option
The modems support multi-level QoS to reduce jitter and latency for real time traffic, provides priority treatment to mission critical applications and allows non-critical traffic to use the remaining bandwidth.
Supported modes are:
• DiffServ – Industry-standard method of providing QoS enabling seamless co-existence in networks that implement DiffServ.
• Max/Priority – Provides eight levels of traffic prioritization with the ability to limit maximum traffic per priority class
• Min/Max – Provides a Committed Information Rate (CIR) to each user defined class of traffic with the ability to allow a higher
burstable rate depending on availability
- Data rate range from 2.4 kbps to 9.98 Mbps
- CDM-570 & CDM-570-IP: 50 to 90 or 100 to 180 MHz IF range
CDM-570L & CDM-570L-IP: 950 to 2000 MHz IF range
- Modulation types: BPSK, QPSK, OQPSK, 8-PSK, Patented 8-QAM (U.S. patent 7,254,188), 16-QAM
- Forward Error Correction (FEC) choices include Turbo Product Code (TPC), Viterbi, Reed- Solomon, and Trellis Coded Modulation (TCM)
- Data Interfaces: EIA-422/530, V.35, G.703 T1/E1 (option), 10/100Base-T Ethernet (option)
- Standards based management via SNMP, Web, or Telnet
- Symmetric as well as asymmetric operation for maximum bandwidth efficiency
- Support for mesh, star and hybrid network topologies
- E1 RAN Optimization (option)
- G.703 clock extension for IP backhaul (option)
- Fast acquisition demodulator (± 32 kHz acquisition range, 64 kbps, Rate 1/2 QPSK: 150 ms average)
- Automatic Uplink Power Control (AUPC)
- Embedded Distant-end Monitor and Control (EDMAC/EDMAC2)
- Redundancy options
- CDM-570 & CDM-570-IP: FSK communications to CSAT-5060 or KST-2000A
- CDM-570L & CDM-570L-IP: 10 MHz reference for BUC, FSK communications and optional BUC power supply
- CDM-570L & CDM-570L-IP: 10 MHz reference and power supply for LNB
- Optional, integrated IP Module with 10/100Base-T Ethernet port (CDM-570-IP and CDM-570L-IP)
- Static IP routing for unicast and multicast
- Header and payload compression for maximum efficiency
- IGMP v1 and v2
- VLAN capability with 802.1Q compliant QoS
- Vipersat Management System (VMS) integration