AXIA AES EBU xNode
AXIA AES EBU xNode
Broadcast audio studios have really changed in the last decade. AXIA AES's introduction of cost-efficient, high-performance audio routing systems that transport audio using standard Ethernet changed everyone’s way of thinking – and opened up a whole new world of operational possibilities. exact model is AES-XNODE
Dozens of hardware and software partners now offer broadcast products that connect to Axia networks using nothing more than a CAT-5 cable for audio, control and PAD, and more companies join every day. Everyone agrees that one day, all of the audio devices and peripherals that make up the modern broadcast studio will be network-connected. Until then, you need a way to add and control non-networked audio devices to your studio network. The solution: Axia xNodes.
ABOUT AXIA Axia is the AoIP division of Telos Systems, a technology leader in professional audio equipment for radio broadcasters since 1984. In 2003, we introduced the world’s first Ethernet-based console system for broadcasting. At the time this was a new idea, but VoIP showed the telecom industry how powerful, flexible and cost-efficient it was to move audio via IP, and the idea caught on fast with broadcasters, too. AoIP (sometimes called IP-Audio) is mainstream technology now, with more than 2,500 radio studios around the world equipped with Axia networks.
- INFORMATION AT THE READY.
- High-resolution OLED displays speed setup, give software and status information. Multi-color LED glows green when AC mains power is present, red when running on PoE, and orange when both AC and PoE are connected.
- STUDIO FRIENDLY.
- xNodes’ fanless design uses heavy cast-aluminum heat-sinks; they are completely silent in-studio. There are no temperature worries when xNodes are placed into racks, since the front-panel heat sinks are cooled by ambient air, not “rack air.”
- PEACE OF MIND, BUILT IN.
- Redundant power plan lets xNodes run on AC or Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af). xNode will run on either power supply; connect both for redundant power with automatic switchover. Network connection has backup, too: dual NICs allow you to connect xNode to separate network branches for full audio pathway redundancy. xNodes are power-efficient, too: they use just 14 Watts each.
- TOP-SHELF COMPONENTS.
- Like all Axia product, xNodes are designed to keep running, and running, and running. xNodes use premium components: rugged cast aluminum faceplates and heat sinks, high-resolution OLED displays, bulletproof power supplies designed for high-availability telecom applications, studio-quality SRCs with specs a recording engineer would envy.
- KNOWLEDGE IS POWER.
- Built-in Syslog server with configurable event filter and SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) support help you stay fully informed, should an xNode’s power or connection status change.