Aten KVM on the net CN8000
Aten KVM CN8000
The new generation of CN8000 provides “over-IP” capability to KVM switches that do not have built in over-IP functionality. It allows operators to monitor and access their computers from remote locations using a standard Internet browser or Windows and Java based application programs. The CN8000 connects to the Internet, an Intranet, LAN, or WAN using industry standard Cat 5e cable, then uses a custom KVM cable to connect to a local KVM switch or server.
Because the CN8000 uses TCP/IP for its communications protocol, the server or KVM switch it is connected to can be accessed from any computer on the Net – whether that computer is located down the hall, down the street, or halfway around the world.
The CN8000 expands on previous models by providing a dedicated RS-232 port for modem access or serial console management, a PON port to attach a Power Over the NETTM device and USB 2.0 virtual media capability.
A Windows Client Viewer and a Java Applet Viewer are available for browser access, while Windows Client AP and Java Client AP programs are provided for non-browser GUI access. They allow IP connection and login from anywhere on the net. Inclusion of a Java-based client ensures that the CN8000 is platform independent, and is able to work with practically all operating systems.
• Provides over-IP capability to KVM switches that do not have built in over-IP functionality1
• Supports PS/2,USB, Sun Legacy (13W3)2 and serial (RS-232) connectivity
• Local console provides PS/2,and USB keyboard and mouse support
• Supports multiplatform server environments: Windows, Mac, Sun, Linux and VT100 based serial devices • Virtual Media Support
• High video resolution – up to 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hz- 32 bit color depth for the local console; up to 1600 x 1200 @ 60Hzwith 24 bit color depth for remote sessions
• Enhanced fps (frames per second) throughput for crisp responsive video display